Friday, May 6, 2011

Execution

I had the misfortune this morning to listen to a radio interview where the radio announcers guest was reccomending an alternate method of execution. Outrageously this guest suggested a family member might form part of the fireing squad. I believe in freedom of speech and opinion but this sort of violent, cruel and babaric rhetoric has exhausted my patience. What is happening to the world? Certainly I empathise with the families and victims of crime; but execution? surely we should be 'fixing' as best we can these problems NOT executing (possibly innocent prisoners) and simultaneously obliterating our hard won values in order to take revenge on those criminals who have effectively been let down by our community. That's my opinion, what are you going to do, shoot me?

No comments:

Post a Comment